It ain't nothing but a party hey

From the early evening til the break of day
So step this way and let your mind be free
And by the way, welcome to the party


I've got a fistful of whiskey, the bottle just bit me
Oh, that shit makes me bat-shit crazy
We've got no fear, no doubt, all-in, balls out

We're going out tonight to kick out every light
Take anything we want, drink everything in sight
We're going til the world stops turning
While we burn it to the ground tonight


Ok, it's not that kind of party,
but it's still a party none the less.
Its time for...


Blog Bash


Before I help kick this party into gear, I want to send out some thank yous to those who left me some love on my last post. I did feel guilty for posting that because the next day life was grand, but I'm back to being all stressed out again.

What better way to forget about those things for a moment than a kick ass party?!

Let me set out some chips 'n' dip and my wicked pasta salad so you have something to munch on while I introduce myself. Do you need a drink, too? Let me know! I'll see what I have!


I'm Evonne, but I refer to myself as Jules on here.

Party girl


I'm sure there's going to be at least 1 person who comes to visit and thinks "Gee, that name sounds familiar". If that's you, then you may know me from my other blog, All You Need is Love. If that's not a dead giveaway that I'm a Beatles fan, than I don't know what is?!

That blog started as a family blog and it's still mostly what I blog about. But I needed another outlet. One just for me! I guess the best way to explain this would be by answering Brittany's questions.


1.) Why do you blog?
My first blog was created as a way to keep out of town family and friends up to date on me and mine. Slowly little things started to creep up. Things I just didn't feel comfortable blogging about over there. Or topics that 1 family member would flip the fuck out about if I mentioned over there. Other people aren't supposed to know about certain things.

I started Jules Out Loud as a way for me to voice things that aren't always related to family. More personal things, like trying to learn who I am outside of the mom role. Writing, or in this case, typing about my thoughts and feelings helps me to figure things out.

Sometimes there's issues going on in this household that I really don't want my family to know about. Talking about these to strangers may sound crazy, but if you're a blogger, than you understand the sense of community. I've seen bloggers who have never met rally around to pick up a fellow blogger who is going through a rough time.


2.) What do you blog about?
ME!!! :D

Honestly, there's no 1 specific topic I focus on. I do mention my kids and my husband, but mainly I focus on me. Wow does that sound conceited or what?!?

I'm trying to learn more about who I am and I also like to have a place to voice my thoughts and opinions. Sometimes there's a show on tv or a story in the news and it gets me thinking. I can get what I have to say out on here without having to worry about being interrupted or starting an argument.

Don't get me wrong, I do like a good debate, but if someone wants to start bashing, please bite your tongue and click away.


3.) What do you find to be the biggest reward you get from blogging?
The sense of community for one. If I have a funny story I want to share, there's at least 1 person out there who can relate and laugh right along with me. If I'm going through a rough patch, there's someone to offer advice, or at the very least a virtual hug.

I also love that I have a place to say whatever I want. Quite often I have lots of random stuff floating around in my head. Although sometimes it's like a football up there. No I don't have a football shaped head!

Hey Arnold


My head is sometimes full of nothing but air!


By the way, I'm a h-u-u-u-g-e Steelers and Penguins fan. Once those seasons finally start back up, don't say I didn't warn you!


4.) How long have you been blogging?
Technically I've been blogging for close to a year. I gave birth to this particular blog June 9 of this year.


5.) Let's hear the story behind your blog title! :)
Jules, or some variation of it, like Jude, has been a name I've used online for years. Jules is what John Lennon called his son. When John Lennon was going through a divorce, Paul McCartney wrote a song for the boy. "Hey Jules" just didn't sound quite right to him, so the title was changed to "Hey Jude". You're welcome for that little history lesson! :)

"Out Loud" refers to me blogging about what I have to say. An old friend of mine used to always say "Out loud is better than keeping it in". She was talking about burping, but I think the same thing applies to what I have to say!


So let's see, I introduced myself, I put out snacks, and I put on some music. By the way, I would like to thank Kid Rock and Nickelback for the use of their lyrics. How awesome would it be if they stopped in and became my new BFFs?!? I doubt it, but a girl can dream, right?

If you're stopping in for the party, let me know down there in the comments so I can hop over to your site, too. If you're not participating in the party, what the hell are you waiting for? Make a post and head over to Not Your Average Teen and link up!



9 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh! Someone else who loves The Beatles as much as me :)

I plan to name my first son Julian and call him Jules/Jude...hope my future is okay with that one!!

Great to meet you! Happy Blog Bash week!

Helene said...

I didn't know the backstory on the song Hey Jude, which I love BTW!!

I once shared the link of my blog with my parents and they've since forgotten about it, thank God. You're very smart to have a blog that your family doesn't know about!!

BNM said...

i started my blog for some of the same reasons! i already follow you on the other blog but im following you here too :) xoxox

Bloggy Blog Designz said...

I agree that blogging is the best way to speak and be heard! well thats kind of what you said, LOL New follower from Blog Bash. My Blog is about a year old too!

The Mayor! said...

Come & walk the red carpet in Crazy Town chickie, & bring your acceptance speech!

:-D

Sandra said...

Congrats on your award Evonne! The Mayor of Crazy Town is over at her place singing your praises! I can't wait to read more on your blog!

Unknown said...

You had me at "I love the Penguins"!

Christy said...

I have the same issue with the family blog. I have one for family and this one if for me. Blog on! I know I will.

Stacey @ Chasing Cloud 9 said...

Stopping in from the blog bash! (And I was that person who was thinking this was familiar! I was like, wait a sec, I missed this change! lol)

My family doesn't know about my blog either...they get to see the nice happy all the time family blog and that's it ;)