How to mobilize your blog

The number of people with Smart phones is on the rise. I am one of those people. I still primarily use my computer for internet browsing, but it's nice to have the ability to also use it on my phone.

This especially came in handy last week. Our internet has been, to put it nicely, shitty.

Blogs, Facebook, and Twitter are fun, but not necessities. I love you all, but like you, I do have a life in the real world. I admit it was nice to be unplugged, but I typed out a post Tuesday night that needed linked Wednesday morning. Wednesday is when our internet went out. It took some time to figure out from my phone, but I finally got my Pour Your Heart post linked on Shell's blog.

While I was on Shell's blog from my phone, I realized her blog has a mobile view. I have been trying to figure this out forever, so I finally asked Shell how she did. She sent me a link, but I still couldn't figure it out. I found a similar post on Blogger in Draft, and after reading through the comments, I figured it out.


How to Mobilize Your Blog

These instructions are for Blogger users.

First you should know there are 2 websites you can access your blog from. I didn't realize this and that's why I had problems.


http://www.blogger.com and http://draft.blogger.com


You want to go to http://draft.blogger.com and log-in from there. You have the option to use this as your default dashboard, but it's not necessary.


In order to activate mobile templates, simply go to Dashboard > Settings > Email & Mobile tab, enable the mobile template option and then save settings.






Here is a preview of what your mobile template will look like.






You will see snippets of your most recent posts. Tapping the arrow next to the post will redirect you to the entire post, where you can finish reading and comment. Really puts the pressure on to make sure your first few sentences really draw your readers in, doesn't it?




12 comments:

Oka said...

I think I figure this out last week, but I haven't tested it out one little bit last week.

Kmama said...

Until I saw Shell's blog in mobile view, I didn't know you could do that with Blogger blogs. That's so cool.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

I tried forever to figure this out and then randomly clicked on the Blogger in Draft link and BOOM! It worked! It's so much easier to read blogger blogs on my phone this way/

Shell said...

I'm glad it worked for you! :)

Kristin @ Ellie-Town said...

Awesome tip, thank you!

Liz Mays said...

I just figured this out too, except on WordPress. But I still like to read blogs from home better because I have a huge monitor. ;)

Brandy@YDK said...

i love blogs that have their mobile view turned on.

Cyndy Bush said...

Very cool! Thanks for the tip.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Cyndy from Fun in Dysfunctional sent me over here and I'm glad she did! I'm now optimized for mobile! Cool! Thanks so much :)

Susan said...

Cyndy sent me over to figure this out, too. Thanks so much for the info! Your rock!

MommaKiss said...

i wicked love this. and tried to do this. but it didn't stick. i'm a loser!

Lisa said...

I'm gonna check this out. I do almost everything with my bb. I blog by email but would love to be able to schedule post.