Free Bird

I was asked for a back to school post. If you care to read that, it's over here.




It amazes me that some people never change. Or grow up for that matter.

I was on Facebook tonight and say the status for a "friend". I use that term loosely because I really can't see myself hanging out with this person anymore, but I'm too lazy to unfriend him.

Anywho, his status


they just let me free. how? lol



At first you may think this

Free bird



But I really think this is appropriate for the situation


Rehab is for quitters



Either way I can tell you some people never change because that's exactly how he was way back in the high school days.


I can still see a lot of this behavior when I pick my kids up from school or am involved in some kind of living hell, otherwise known as a school function. To my knowledge, some of these people aren't the party type like the above dumbass, but they still act like they are in high school. You know what I mean, right? The cliques, the gossip.

I like who I like. If I don't like you, it's because it was my own personal decision. Not because Plain Jane said I shouldn't. As for the gossip, some can be fun. Lets face it, we all have indulged at one time or another. But there's a point where you just want to say STFU. I actually want to say that to someone just to see if they know what the hell it means.


Now me on the other hand, I think I am a completely different person.

I have different goals than I did 10 years ago. I no longer do any of the stupid stuff I did back then. Well, for the most part anyway! And even though I still am not a fan of confrontation, I am more willing to stand up for myself and those around me. And if my kids are involved? Holy hell, you better run!


I guess it's life experiences that determine how someone is 10+ years after high school. I'm sure you know people like this, too. What do you think?


2 comments:

Kmama said...

There are a bunch of high school "friends" that friended me on FB. Some I didn't hang out with in hs at all, and upon reading their status updates, I can assure you I had made the right decision back then!

I just think that some people NEVER grow up.

The Random Blogette said...

I have a lot of "friends" on fb that are like that too. Some people just never grow up. But then again I am nosey so I like to check up on how other people are doing. They have all asked me to be their "friend" so I think that it is pretty funny.