Comparable to crack

Yet again, it's Monday. Ordinarily, I loathe Mondays - getting up early, begging and pleading the kids to get dressed, and doing the same to get them to eat. All while I'm trying to find something to wear that's decent. I don't get fully dressed until I get back from dropping everyone off at work or school, but that doesn't mean I want to roll up to the school in my PJs!

Today is different. We all know it's a holiday. No school/work means sleeping in and staying in our jammies til noon if we want. And I think I might just do that!

It's also different because I am co-hosting this...



Monday Minute

How awesome is that?!? I don't know about you, but I am uberly excited! That's not my favorite word, but I'm so excited that I don't care. I'm using it anyway. And apparently Blogger doesn't like it either. Screw them! My blog and I'm using it whether they like it or not!

Now onto this week's questions...

1. If you could interview any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be? What would you ask?

There's quite a few. Such as Buzz Aldren. I'd give my left leg to be able to walk on the moon. Although I don't know exactly how much walking I could do with only 1 leg. Or maybe JFK. Politics are definitely not my thing, but a conversation with him would definitely be interesting!

But who I really want to talk to is John Lennon. I would ask what the fuck he was thinking hooking up with Yoko! She caused to demise of one of, if not the greatest bands of all time! Ya, I know, there were other contributing factors in there, but Yoko was a biggie!



2. You have to give up one thing for a month. What would it be - car, guilty pleasure (ie. food, drink, fav. tv show), or sex?

I can't go without my favorite shows. Once the seasons start (which better be soon!) I'm like a crack addict. If I don't get my fix Thursdays and Sundays, I tend to get verya tad bitchy.

Caffeine - couldn't give it up if I tried! As for my cookies Reese's cups peanut butter & honey crackers favorite foods, I doubt I would survive without them. Again, it's comparable to crack!

Give up sex? Who the hell thought of this question!? Oh wait, that was me. My bad! And the answer is simply NO! One should never give up a good thing like that!

Now a car? I could give up that for a month. We would just have to pretend for that month that I'm not the sole driver of this house. So assuming we can all pretend, it's definitely do-able. I've done it before and it was for years, not just a month. It's really shitty to have to depend on other people to cart your ass around all the time, but on the bright side, everything in my neighborhood is within walking distance. I'd have no problem bundling up if it's cold and walking to the grocery store. Although I can't guarantee I wouldn't bitch the whole entire walk!


3. Is there a word/phrase you say that you are made fun of for? If so, what is it?

The husband makes fun of me all the fucking time for saying "Y'all". I was born, raised, and still live in Pittsburgh. What I should say is "Yinz", but I don't. I have no idea when or why I starting saying "y'all", but I just do.



4. Which is a stronger emotion: Anger or Love?

This is a tough one. Anger and love are both very powerful emotions. Anger can definitely consume a person. Trust me, there are too many times where I have seen nothing but red. But I think if you let it in, love always triumphs.


and finally


5. Where was your first job?

Technically, my first job was as a paper girl. That didn't last very long. But if you don't want to get technical, Burger King was my first job.

I really didn't enjoy coming home every night smelling like a Whopper Jr. with cheese, and I'm sure no one else enjoyed it either, but that job helped me get the money I needed to go to Paris and Italy.

And the stories I have from my years of working there... oh, I could go on for days! But that would damage my closet rebel good girl image. All I will say about that is parents aren't as dumb as kids think.



Thank you ladies for letting me co-host this week. I hope you enjoyed my answers. If you have some of your own, make a post and link up so I can hop over to read!







6 comments:

Kmama said...

Congrats on hosting this week!!

Love the people you picked to interview!! Very interesting.

Adoption of Jane said...

Jules love your hosting of MM!! I rather be in a Coma than have no TV. Okay so I look like I'm in a Coma while watching TV but anyone who is a Boob Tube Boob knows we just look like that to throw off others so they will Shut the F**k up during our program! Miss ya, luv ya, and I'm finally back!

Babes Mami said...

Woo to being a host! My first job was at Arby's...smelling like roast beef and fries is disgusting!

Mel said...

Hey there following you from Monday Minute! Great answers~! And great hosting!
http://heismybeloved.blogspot.com/2010/09/monday-minute.html

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

New follower here from the Monday Minute. Loved your answers. Classic. Your favourite shows airs on the same days as mine. Can I take a stab at it? Grey's and Brothers and Sisters?

Marie
http://thethingswefindinside.blogspot.com/2010/09/monday-minute.html

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to see that I am not the only person who gets addicted to shows like they are crack. It's really not my fault. We should blame the producers and writers!
If I didn't live so far out and away from everything I'd probably gladly give up the car. But since it's 23 miles one way to work, and 8 miles from the closest grocery store that is a little mom and pop store.