Placing the blame

I've been in a funk this week. There's not really a singular reason for it. It could be the result of little things. Perhaps it's jealousy. Yes, I will admit I am jealous. There are things that I would love to do, but can't seem to find the opportunity to accomplish those things. The green beast visits when I see others doing what I would love to do.


I have this habit of leaving Tweetdeck open. Sometimes I tweet, other times I just read. Over the past week I was reading all of the Blissdom tweets. This is where the jealousy comes in to play. I would love to go to a conference. It sounds like it is overwhelming at first, but I would love to turn some of the URL friendships into IRL friendships.

Yes, I also want my blogs to grow and improve. I actually have a few things in mind for this one. I'm sure going to a conference would help me make the improvements I want. I have no desire to turn my blogs into a business, however I would not turn down the opportunity to make money through them. But I would like to feel more established.


Another contributing factor to this funk of mine is probably the weather. I am never as happy and as energetic in the winter months as I am during the warmer months. I blame the lack of sun and my inability to handle the cold. I found it amusing that I wrote a post the other day with a petition to bring back summer. Last night we get hit with an ice storm. Not enough signatures perhaps?


And tomorrow is ground hog day. I realize that the hoop-la over Punxatony Phil is all a bunch of crap. I honestly don't give much credibility to the event. It's just a bunch of drunkards standing around in the cold to watch men in suits and top hats pull a ground hog out of it's hole. Of course Phil will see his shadow When you shine a bunch of lights on something, there tends to be shadows! Dumbasses! But whether he sees his shadow or not, the cold, snow, and lack of sunlight are not going away soon enough.


Or I could just blame my funk on PMS!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

*hugs* I've been in a funk lately too. I'm blaming it on the weather, mostly. I heard that the dumb groundhog is predicting an early spring . . . but I'm not getting my hopes up lol

Babes Mami said...

Put the blame wherever you need too! We are reaching our 'feel free to be over' winter time and it doesn't even know here. Babe and I have cabin fever!

Kmama said...

I'm all PMS-y too, so I feel you. I really feel you!

Oka said...

Didn't have cable yesterday, blasted storm. So, did he see his shadow??

I had jealousy about Blissdom, but not about my blog. I am longing for some me time with friends only.

Shell said...

The weather does it to me every time!

I wish you could have been at Blissdom. I can't even begin to express my jealousy over those who get to go to Disney Social Media Moms. It makes me physically ill.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

The solution is to bring a blogging conference here to the 'Burgh. Even I might drive down to the convention center for it!

KLZ said...

People get drunk on Groundhogs Day? I have not been paying attention that stupid holiday it seems.

I really think winter makes us all want to go crawl in a hole.

Mommyfriend Lori said...

Any one of those things is reason enough to feel that way! Hugs XOXO!