Creamy Beef Stroganoff - recipe

Last week I wrote a post about my son cooking dinner and the reaction I got when I bragged about it. It's still a sore subject, but I have moved on. At the end of that post I promised to share the recipe last Friday.

Last week, weekend included, was the week from hell. Crazy busy doesn't even begin to describe how I was. Because of that, I'm not sure if I can make it through Christmas. So before I completely lose my mind, I want to share this recipe for beef stroganoff that I found on All Recipes. Not only is it good, but it is so easy to make. So easy, my 6 year old made. Except for cutting up the beef and the onions.


Ingredients

  • 1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 (10 ounce) tub PHILADELPHIA Original Cooking Creme*
  • 1/3 cup fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
  • 2 cups hot cooked noodles
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
*I used Italian Herb flavor Cooking Creme. The garlic flavor is good, too, but I would only use 1/2 of a tub mixed with 1/2 block of cream cheese. It is strong!


Directions

1. Boil noodles according to package directions.

2. Cook mean and onions in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, or until done. Remove from skillet; drain. Cover to keep warm.

3. Add butter to skillet; cook until melted. Add mushrooms and pepper; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.

4. Add cooking creme; cook and stir 2 minutes. Return meat to skillet; stir in broth. Cook 5 minutes

5. Serve over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.

Serves 4



My Tips

I buy a package of pre-cut skillet steaks, roughly 1/2 pound. I cut each strip in half. This saves on time.

I also buy a package of pre-sliced and washed mushrooms. Again, a time saver!


If you decide to make this, I'd love to hear what you think of this meal!


hosted by Amy from Keeping up with the Schultz Family



5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh yeah.. You came back.. Thanks that is what we had for dinner last night.. It was so yummy..

Brandi said...

Sounds yummy! :)

Shell said...

That sounds really good!

KLZ said...

You keep mentioning these cooking cremes and I keep forgetting to look for them at the store. I shall have to pay more attention.

Helene said...

I'm amazed that it's that easy to make! I told my big twins about your son cooking and how old he is and it inspired them to want to try cooking. Now, I'm afraid I've created monsters because they both want to be in the kitchen with me at all times, basically getting under foot in the meantime.

Maybe I'll borrow some courage and let them try to make this some time.