Can someone explain

Why am I so tired?

The gear was shifted to "Go"
The petal was pushed to the metal
Downtime exists, but has been fleeting

This has been my life for what feels like forever. In reality, it's only been a few weeks.

Saturday the petal was really pushed and the tired began to burn. My gear was not set to overdrive.

Soccer games, a wedding, a reception.

Drive, drive, drive. Dance, dance, dance.


Perhaps my overwhelming need to sleep is a result of being in constant motion. The world has caught up to me and now I need to rest.

That would make total sense if I wasn't writing this after having slept a full, luxurious 12 hours the night before.

This is the kind of tired where I can't think. I can't focus. The kind of tired where you think something must be wrong. How I'm typing this, the world may never know. All I have to say is thank goodness for spell check. The number of red lines under my words is overwhelming.

Similar to my need to sleep.

Instead I will spellcheck and continue on my way. Too much to do, and never enough time.


4 comments:

Oka said...

I am so there with you (minus the 12 hours of sleep, not going to ever happen).

FYI, there is such a thing as too much sleep, and you can come out of it exhausted.

Kmama said...

I hate that kind of tired. I suffered from it last week. Maybe you need to get your thyroid checked??

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

I completely know what you mean. Last week was crazy busy, and I think I am still in recovery mode. haha ;)

Shell said...

Feeling that kind of tired today! We all need naps.