Why you shouldn't be a prostitute

It's funny the things you see when you take your 10 year old daughter out for a shopping trip and a snack.

The husband and I have a date night this weekend and I wanted a pair of fancy black tights to go with my dress. My daughter loves to shop, even if it's just window shopping, so I took her with me.  It was a quick trip to Target, even though I did walk out with more than I planned.  A quick trip like this doesn't usually work up an appetite, but by the time GG and I hit the check out, she was "staaaarrrrrr-ving!!!"  My skinny little girl can eat like the typical teenage boy!

After paying, we headed over towards the snack bar when she said she wanted mac 'n' cheese.  You have to get the whole kids meal to get mac 'n' cheese and I wasn't doing that.  I told her we would drive down the road and stop at Sheetz.  They have mac 'n' cheese.

We drove down the road, avoiding construction cones and pot holes that seem to be on every. stinkin. road in this forsaken city.  As I went to make the turn into Sheetz, I noticed the light show provided by a local police car.  I assumed someone was pulled over for blowing a red light or speeding, but as I drove by, I noticed a young woman being cuffed.

In an effort to distract GG who likes all things sparkly and flashy, I started telling her about all the trips to Sheetz I made when I was younger and the crazy food I got with my friends.  She laughed at me, but I did not sway her from the decision to eat mac 'n' cheese.  We ordered, paid, and GG asked if we could sit at one of the tables outside so she could eat her food while it was still hot.  Assuming the light show was gone because once your arrested, everyone pretty much leaves the scene, I said yes.  I assumed wrong.

Sitting at the table outside is when I realized that we were witnessing an undercover prostitution bust.  Why?  Let me explain...

A total of 3 vehicles were pulled over.  The first, a gray car.  The driver was a plain clothed police man/  The second, a minivan.  The driver of said minivan was handed papers from the uniformed police man in vehicle number 3.  Minivan man was also told to drive off after the girl was cuffed.  Upon closer inspection of the girl, her booty shorts and too-small tank could have fit my 10 year old!  Am I again making assumptions?  Probably.  But it sure was funny watching her argue with the cops from the back of the patrol car, while trying to wriggle out of the cuffs.  I really hope the minivan man wasn't married.  Then it would be a sucky night for both of them.

I realize it's cruel of me to laugh at other's misfortune, but this situation is why you should never be a prostitute.  Or try to pick one.  Or if you are a prostitute or pick one up, don't get caught!


7 comments:

Oka said...

I would assume it is happening nationwide, cops here have decided to go after the "Johns" as well as the prostitutes. Let's face it, the "Johns" are why there is prostitution.

So did you tell your daughter what was going on? I usually encourage my kids to come up with a scenario...boy are they usually off the wall.

Kimberly said...

My girlfriend is actually an undercover prostitute.
You'd be amazed at how many men from all walks of life pay for sex. It's disgusting.
I live in a small city in Canada and our crime rate is very low...but we have prostitutes. And probably a lot of herpes ;)

Kmama said...

How many questions did you get from GG? Buddy would have been asking non-stop questions!

Babes Mami said...

Oh the things we see! haha

The Preppy Girl in Pink said...

We saw a man doing the DUI walk test in the road and my girls thought they were checking him to see if he was dizzy and needed a ride by ambulance to the hospital. I have no idea where they got that!

Claremont First Ward said...

Note to self. Don't become a prostitute. :)

Jessica {Team Rasler} said...

I think we're all wondering if she noticed and asked questions. These are the kinds of these I am not looking forward to having to explain to my boys when they get a bit older!